If you have embraced the keto lifestyle, you know that the hardest part isn’t battling cravings for processed, high-carb foods. Once you start finding the right balance, you feel better – and the thought of going back gets further and further from your mind. No, what’s hard is finding keto friendly snacks to buy!
Food manufacturers pump out options that are loaded with high-fructose corn syrup, wheat flour, and hydrogenated vegetable oils. Why? Because they’re cheap. Chips, cookies, candy bars, and other items are full of empty carbohydrates, unhealthy fats, sugar, additives, chemicals, etc. This is the “fuel” we’re putting in our bodies.
A good keto snack, though, has high-quality fats and protein with little-to-no carbs. And yes, there are some great choices out there! As more people live the keto lifestyle, both online and brick-and-mortar stores are starting to stock a greater variety of options – and with just a little planning, you can make smart decisions regarding what keto friendly snacks to buy.
Here are some ideas to add to your keto snack list:
- FATTY Smoked Meat Sticks
- Nuts and Seeds
- Low-Carb Vegetables (e.g., celery, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach)
- Eggs (hard boiled are naturally portable)
- Canned Fish (e.g., tuna, sardines)
- Nuts (e.g., almonds, walnuts)
- Nut Butters (e.g., peanut, almond)
- Coconut Flakes
- Coconut Butter
- 100% Dark Chocolate
- Healthy Oils (e.g., avocado, coconut)
- Ghee (it has less lactose than butter)
Many of these items are great to snack on when you’re on the go. For example, if you’re already on the road and you stop at a convenience store, pass the chip aisle and pick up some FATTY smoked meat sticks, nuts, and cheese. These items are available in single-serving packages, making them great grab-and-go keto snack options.
Once a week or so, take some time to prepare some keto snacks to have on hand, in the car, in your desk drawer, in your pack or gym bag, etc.
- Hard boil some eggs.
- Prepare little snack containers with a serving of cheese, olives, and nuts or with celery sticks, nut butter, and a FATTY smoked meat stick in Original or Jalapeno flavor.
- Cook some bacon, pat the grease off, and store it in an airtight container for use in snacks and sandwiches.
- Make some keto tortillas and fill them with your favorite fixings (chicken, beef, fish, avocado, cukes, etc.)
- Whip up some fat bombs. These small but mighty keto snacks are packed with healthy fats and protein: you’ll stay full and satisfied until you can eat a meal. While there are countless recipes, they all follow the same basic three-part “formula”:
- Select a healthy fat (e.g., coconut oil or butter, ghee, almond butter, etc.)
- Select your flavoring (e.g., 100% dark chocolate, peppermint extract, sugar-free vanilla extract)
- Select your texture (e.g., coconut flakes, chia seeds, almonds, bacon bits)
Mix your ingredients, form small balls, and refrigerate for a few days or freeze for longer storage.
Meat sticks are some of the most convenient keto snacks to buy. They’re easy, make no mess, kid-friendly, and when you choose the Sweetwood Smokehouse FATTY smoked meat sticks in Original and Jalapeno flavors, they are all-natural and have 6 net carbs or fewer per serving. They’re made with grass-fed beef, antibiotic- and hormone-free pork, American-sourced ingredients, and real herbs and spices – and they’re slow smoked and delicious! Whether you’re bouncing from meeting to meeting or climbing your next peak, a few FATTY smoked meat sticks will give you the keto friendly nutrition you need.
Finding keto snacks to buy doesn’t have to be a hassle. Use this keto snack list, and don’t forget to stock up on your favorite FATTY smoked meat stick flavors!