To prove our point, we'll break down our Top Three Fishing Spots with public access in Colorado.
- Approach the lake by parking on the west side of the The Greenbelt , which is shown as the blue star below and walking to the gold star (roughly 400m).
- Stick to the North, West, and South shore lines for the best bass fishing!
- Enter the lake from the Cottonwood Trailhead and fish your way around the whole parameter.
- You'll find large mouth bass hanging out on all shore lines at Hayden. We recommend getting there with the sun rise for the most bites!
Spinney is home to some of the biggest lake trout in Colorado!
- Our favorite approach is to hit the Northwest shoreline right at the inlet before pushing off in a tube to get some trout out of the deeper waters.
- If you don't own a tube, no worries! Prioritize the entire North side on foot.
Don't forget to pack plenty of FATTY's so hunger doesn't force you out of these top spots too early! Just one FATTY has enough protein to keep you fueled for the long haul.